"No person in the United States shall, on the basis of sex, be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefit of, or be subjected to discrimination under any education program or activity receiving federal financial assistance."
-Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972
TITLE IX COORDINATOR
The district shall designate and authorize an employee as the Title IX Coordinator to comply with its responsibilities pertaining to sexual harassment under Title IX. Inquiries about the application of Title IX should be directed to the Title IX Coordinator listed below:
Dr. Stephanie Mohorne
Assistant Superintendent for Human Resources & Support Services
TITLE IX TEAM
- Dr. Stephanie Mohorne, District
- Bruce Nieminski, Blue Horizons
- Lynzee Booras, Estrella Mountain
- Toni Reynolds, Freedom
- Sara Schaefer, Las Brisas Academy
- Holly Murray, Liberty
- Ryann Cagle, Rainbow Valley
- Dave Bogart, Westar
TRAININGS FOR TITLE IX TEAM
October 11, 2023 - Title IX Coordinator and Investigator Training
November 30, 2023 - Title IX Training - Investigators
REPORTING SEXUAL HARASSMENT
Any person may make a report of sexual harassment regardless of whether the person reporting is the person alleged to be the victim of the reported conduct or not.
- Reports may be made in person, by mail, telephone, online form submission, or email using the contact information provided for the Title IX Coordinator.
- Reports can be made at any time, including non-business hours, by using the telephone number or email.
- The district will respond promptly to when any school employee has been given notice of sexual harassment.
- Upon receipt of a report of sexual harassment, the Title IX Coordinator will contact alleged victim to inform them of the following:
- Their right to file a formal complaint.
- How to file a formal complaint.
- Free supportive measures available to them with or without filing a formal complaint.