Early Entrance to Kindergarten
Beginning kindergarten is an exciting time in life! Arizona State statutes grant entrance to kindergarten for all students turning five before September 1 of the current school year. The state also allows for Early Entrance to Kindergarten (EEK) for children turning five before January 1 when it is in the best interest of the child. Early entrance programs and policies vary from district to district. Liberty Elementary School District is proud to offer an Early Entrance program for qualifying students.
***The four-month Early Entrance to Kindergarten application and testing window for the 2023-2024 school year closed on June 16th. No further testing or early entrance placements will be made. The application window for the 2024-2025 school year will open on or before February 15, 2024. ***
- Complete the Application for Early Entrance.
- Attend a Parent University session (session selection is within the application)
- Select a testing appointment (at the completion of Parent University)
- Attend testing appointment
- Receive email notification of results within 2 days
- If qualified: Register your child, in person at the district office, for school
- Is there a fee for testing?
- Does my child get extra points for being closer to the August 31 cut off date?
- Can my child test if we reside outside the Liberty Elementary School District boundaries?
- What if I want my child to attend a school other than our school of residence?
- What is on the Early Entrance to Kindergarten test?
- Can my child retake the test if they do not qualify the first time?
- What should I tell my child about testing?
- What if we change our minds about early entrance
- Who can I contact with additional questions?