One of the ways we support children is through our school counseling program. As a reminder, if a student seeks out support from a school counselor twice, parents will be notified and must give consent for further counseling services. Parents can also opt their children out of receiving counseling services. Also, parents will be notified immediately if a counselor determines that a child poses a threat to himself/herself or others.
The goal of our counseling program is to help students develop and work toward academic and social-emotional goals. As parents, you have a right to know what is discussed, as well as a right to access counselors’ notes and all of your child’s educational records, so you can stay informed.
The counseling program abides by all Liberty Elementary School District Governing Board policies, as well as state laws. If you have any questions or concerns, don’t hesitate to reach out to your school leadership directly.
A full list of school counseling services include:
- Career Exploration
- Conflict Resolution
- Crisis Intervention
- Mentor Volunteer Program
- Parent Consultation and Community Resource Referral
- Second Step - Violence Prevention Program
- Skill Building Support Groups
- Steps to Respect - Bullying Prevention Program
- Study Skills and Goal Setting
- Substance Abuse Education
- And other related topics as recommended by the Arizona School Counseling Association and the American School Counseling Association
Meet our school counselors
Shana Kozak Blue Horizons Elementary email@example.com
Estrella Mountain Elementary
Las Brisas Academy
Rainbow Valley Elementary